L-Station has started the FY 2013 2nd Tenure-Track International Open Call. (The application deadline is Oct. 29, 2013.)
- Hokkaido University is publicly seeking excellent young researchers for two tenure-track assistant professor positions. Candidates must be qualified to be global leaders of the next generation in basic interdisciplinary research areas.
- The tenure-track system screening test of our university will evaluates the candidate's comprehensive abilities as a leader (planning ability, organizational ability, initiative, analytical capability, internationality, etc.) as well as research capability.
- After taking a tenure-track post, he/she will be provided with an autonomous research environment as well as being required to actively participate in leadership training programs.
◆ Department recruiting applicants
25-4 Department of Physics, Division of Electronic Condensed Matter Physics, Faculty of Science (department training) http://phys.sci.hokudai.ac.jp/jp/
25-5 Department of Medicine and Biology, Institute for Genetic Medicine (department training for female researchers) http://www.igm.hokudai.ac.jp
◆ Application requirements
- Young researchers who earned a doctoral degree during the last 10 years or have the same level of research career (including those who obtained a Ph.D. of the same level overseas)
- Must be below the age of 40 (*1)
- The 25-5 department accepts only female applicants. (*2)
- Must be proficient in English and be able to give lectures and research guidance in English
*1: The public recruitment is conducted based on the Tenure-Track System Promotion Program of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
*2: Pursuant to Article 8 of the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
◆ Number of students to be admitted
One student per department
◆ Deadline for public recruitment
The application must arrive no later than Oct. 29 (Tue.), 2013. (Application documents should be sent by post.)
For further information, please go to the URL below.